Thursday, September 16, 2010

Youtube Personalities That I Watch

I've floated around on Youtube for years, and I must say, the vast majority of it has become commercialized, basic, pretentious fluff. The videos that I watch the most are ones that are either A) extremely funny to me or B) Has a certain genuine, intelligent purpose and presentation. Here's who I follow and pay attention to on Youtube. These people have a legitimate point of view and have a certain charisma that is not coated with vain, disingenuous aspirations. Do I agree with everything they say? Of course not. There are many people I admire that I don't necessarily agree with on every point. I do, however, always appreciate fascinating, impassioned gumption.


People to Watch on Youtube: (No particular order)



Red Letter Media


http://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia






This guy produces, by far, the most entertaining, engaging, and funny movie reviews I've ever witnessed. If you are a fan of Star Wars, you must see what he has to say about the prequels. He reviews mostly sci-fi classics as well as a few other movies. His voice is very distinctive and comedic, which adds to the video's entertainment value. Certainly one of the premier Youtube personalities out there.

Saturninefilms (Cody Weber)


http://www.youtube.com/user/Saturninefilms





george4title


http://www.youtube.com/user/george4title






Basically what this guy does is provide a realistic view of the effects of the economic downturn in America, specifically California, which happens to be one of the states that is struggling the most. I don't know what his true intentions are. At some moments, he seems genuine, but in others he seems deceptive. Nevertheless, I think he puts out great, informative, and engaging videos.

SupraDarky

http://www.youtube.com/user/SupraDarky




Here's a guy that I like because he posts video game music. I have always been an avid gamer and this channel provides ample nastalgia.


Steve Hoca

http://www.youtube.com/user/SteveHoca



Here is a controversial, frustrated middle aged man that brings up many great points about America, it's dating scene, and capitalism. I honestly think he believes in what he says, and I agree with some of what he says. It's taboo what he says. It's taboo to agree with him. It's taboo to be associated with him. But I'm done bowing to social pressures, and obviously so is he. He was a member of the "TFL" movement (True Forced Loneliness). This movement is disorganized and ineffective in my opinion. Actually, I've yet to see one decent Men's Rights group emerge. I don't think it can happen in such a feminized country.


The Logic Junkie


http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLogicJunkie




His name says it all-if you are someone that enjoys high level conversation, check him out.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amusing that you like the logic guy, when a view of your hilarious youtube vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzD-aLi20EM

clearly shows that you couldn't tell logic from a hole in the ground.

TIC said...

Here's what you are: an angry, nerdy, pathetic internet atheist. You are the lowest form of internet dweller. At this point its actually getting played out to be a Christopher Hitchens groupie. This is how you all are; if anyone doesn't agree with the atheist viewpoint, they are labeled stupid and illogical

Good luck buddy. Hit the gym, I can tell your at least 150 pounds overweight just by the nature of your comment.

Anonymous said...

heh - sweet. A bit of ad homimen'll sort it out. I attack your logic and you make up a lovely story about how pathetic I must be.

Anonymous said...

Fortunately I don't need to resort to ad hominem to attack you - you provide all the ammunition yourself, and willingly.

You come across as an immature, frustrated wannabe intellectual, who is presumably used to dealing with people even stupider, which has led you to believe you are more intelligent than you really are. Your views on women and dating are hilariously indicative of the sort of person you must be, and your attempt to defend deism - simply by claiming it's more probable without explaining why, whilst posturing as some sort of logic guru - are absolutely laughable.

In short: go take a flying fuck at a rolling donut.

TIC said...

The nature of your attack on my logic in and of itself was ad hominem; you threw the first stone.

Your the fool. Stop acting all high-and-mighty like your smarter than everyone. I can have an opinion on the existence of God, and I don't need jerk-offs like you telling me otherwise.

Now get back to making love to your blow-up doll

Anonymous said...

You can have it, but broadcasting it as logical is foolish. Your argument can be summarised as:

"It is more probable that there is a god because it is more possible that there is a god."

This is circular reasoning, one of the simplest logical fallacies that exists. Your video now also contains a wonderful strawman - only if an actual scarecrow graphic was available was used would it be clearer.

The only reasons I take the piss are:

1) Your claim to logical reasoning on the "what atheists should understand" video is hilarious nonsense, for the reason stated above

2) More damningly, you don't look to yourself for reasons why you are unsuccessful with dating, you form elaborate theories why it's everybody else's fault.

These two together add up to someone not worthy of respect.

Anonymous said...

more possible<>more probable - typo.

TIC said...

1) You did not listen to the whole video. You don't understand context. The part of the argument that you are referring to is #3 where I say it is more probable that some deity created the universe.


I explain #3 in the video simply by saying it is more probable because of the way everything else works in the observable universe...If something exists, its came from somewhere, i.e. had a cause. If everything in our universe had a cause that we can account for, then it would follow that the UNIVERSE ITSELF had a cause.


2) If you do not agree that the dating scene is completely lopsided, then you are blind. Everything is against men and the women have all the power and control. Society has a problem taking responsibility for it's superficial, cold behavior and instead puts all the blame on the individual. It is not my fault; I lost over 40 lbs, I'm clean and always have good hygiene, and I dress decent. There's nothing wrong with me, it's society and American women in general who want to punish kind, respectful men and reward the most degenerate behavior.

Anonymous said...

1) It may seem to you that "everything has a cause, the universe must have a cause, therefore it must have been caused by something that doesn't need a cause" is sound logical/scientific reasoning, but it is not - it hangs on the assumption that the universe must have been caused by some outside agency rather than just being, and transferring the ability to exist uncaused to a higher agent leaves the problem intact, with the additional problem that we now have two mysteries to explain rather than one.

2) Dating isn't the way to get chicks. Friends are the way to get chicks. Being a decent chap and having a good social life, with good friends you treat well, will eventually get you the jackpot. I'm a somewhat funny looking man myself, when I was young I thought I'd never get a girlfriend, and then from the age of about 17 onwards I've had one almost constantly, with a few gaps during which I was upset for splitting up with them for one reason or another. I met the one I married when I was 21 and I've been happy ever since. None of them were met in a cliched "WILL YOU GO ON A DATE WITH ME" way - all were through shared friends. Apart from one weird one at a nightclub who came and asked me out, but she was just a bit mental, bless her.

These people you read and watch on the internet ranting about the injustice of it all are just people who've failed to connect in this way. Women aren't some big separate species - they're remarkably like us. Treat them as friends and one day one of them will turn into something more.

TIC said...

"These people you read and watch on the internet ranting about the injustice of it all are just people who've failed to connect in this way."

Here's your problem. You, like society, simply cannot accept any blame or any responsiblity; it's always the individual's fault, always the person. If you struggle in life, it's YOUR FAULT, right? If an injustice is done to you, somehow it's YOUR FAULT.

This new age philosophy is very damning. I believe in personal responsibility, but only on an economic level. What kind of world do we live in where decency and friendliness is not demanded on a cultural and societal level?

Women of today are cold, superficial, and have monstrous egos. I witness it everyday

Also, that's great that you get girls through your social circle. Good for you. But you need to realize that not everyone has women int heir social circle to being with, and not everyone is easily accepted into these groups. Watch that video of the guy in the sunglasses and listen to what he has to say about the "cliq" mentality in America. No one wants to open up to outsiders, and if you look different than everyone else, you will not be accepted.

Having a social circle where you get hooked up with women and such is not guaranteed for everyone. Some of us don't fit in because of reasons beyond our control.

Anonymous said...

If your social circle has no women in it, then your social circle is twisted, and you need to get yourself another one. Or move somewhere where there are more people and do something you enjoy and meet new people.

I find this paragraph really strange:

"Here's your problem. You, like society, simply cannot accept any blame or any responsiblity; it's always the individual's fault, always the person. If you struggle in life, it's YOUR FAULT, right? If an injustice is done to you, somehow it's YOUR FAULT."

I DO accept responsibility. It's my responsibility to make friends, treat them well, and enjoy my life. If I do all that, relationships will come, and have done.

Society is made up of people - there's not the individual here and then a sharp dividing line with SOCIETY on the other side. If you are feeling this way, lots of other people are too, some of whom will be women :) If you are honest with people then even if you are cynical, you should end up finding someone, as there are a huge pool of women as cynical and frustrated as you are, who think men are the problem.