Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bob Barr and the Purity of the White Race



Bob Barr was the Libertarian candidate for President back in 2008. I've had many opinions on the guy but there are many that did not cross my mind until I searched further into the depths of the internet. What I found were various blogs accusing Barr of being non-white, specifically black. At first, I did a double take. The man looks white to my eyes, but perhaps I was missing something. So I looked harder at every picture of the guy I could find and eventually I saw what could possibly be a sign of African ancestry, however the guy still looked white overall


Now, observe the Nazis in the blogosphere
"Group News Blog makes a point that us politically-aware Negroes have been thinking for some time, though not around white folk. But this is the age of Obama so here it goes--Folks, there's something vaguely familiar about Bob Barr: You see, Bob Barr has long been the butt of many jokes in my family since the ugly winter of 1998. He was such a annoying, little pit bull against Clinton, you just wanted to smack him...but...There was something odd about him. Something that was "off". Media people have noted that "offness" of late, but I will tell you that this has been long discussed in other more insular circles. Bob Barr, um...well...as my mother said it "Looks a little 'funny' 'round the mouth...Dig the lips, folks...That ain't collagen...that's collards and Coltrane. Funny-ass hair texture too--particularly on the 'stache. "Rev. Al's shit is straighter than Barr's is." one friend loves to note frequently. The first time I saw Bob Barr, during his Bill Clinton-pursuing heyday, I thought to myself, "I didn't know there were was another black Republican in the House besides J.C. Watts." I have of course since been corrected, but I have to say, there really is some Anatole Broyard/Nella Larsen/Jessie Fauset business going on with this cat."

And here is another blog post accusing Barr of non-whiteness The reason I point this out is that it is very telling of the way America views race. That is to say, in America, there are whites and then there's everyone else. Candidates to be considered white must appear purely white, without a shadow of a doubt. If there is a doubt, the person thus becomes a minority. It doesn't really matter which minority either. For the whites, all that matters is their purity, but they actually don't care much beyond that. No concern is shown for whatever the non-white claims or identifies as, so long as it is not a white identity. We've seen this evolve throughout history, starting in the beginnings of mass immigration to America. When the Irish arrived, they were labeled non-white. Still to this day, many do not concern east Europe (Ukraine, Poland, etc) as white, or at least they consider the east European inferior to the Anglo Saxon.

In America, those of partial (no matter how small) non-white blood find out very quickly that they are not white. It is the way of things. You will not find a society on Earth that has such draconian views on racial status, but perhaps that's what makes this nation great (or not so great?) Take a hard look at Baehner and his sister. It's only a matter of time before they are both expelled from the white race. Because the white is pure and must remain holy


What I am not interested in is how we will all look in 50 years, as many wonder. It is speculated that eventually America will look like Latin America. More interesting to me however is what status will be given to which select individuals. How will classifications change? Who will be considered inferior once the population begins to blend?

No comments: